Create Your Own Training Films Workshop
This course will help you to produce your own training films.
Duration: 1 day
We will show you how to create a script and shot list. You will be shown best practice of how to film these, and then how to edit. The emphasis of this course is correct production and filming but we will go through basic editing steps to allow you to create an end result.
Due to the location of the course the topic taken would be a simple task such as “how to make a cup of tea” or “how to make a cheese sandwich”. These are simple tasks but the applied techniques used are the same for more complex topics. The course runs using your devices or cameras with the editing on your laptop with Adobe Premiere used as the edit programme. Premiere is part of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of software with a free trial period offered if you do not already have this.
Assumed knowledge – none
Equipment needed – your camera and laptop
Editing software – recommend download of Adobe Creative Cloud
- To be aware of camera angles and shot sizes
- Perspective, 2D vision of a camera
- How to script and storyboard/shot list
- Framing and composition
- Headroom, rule of thirds
- Typical microphones and how to position them – omnidirectional vs cardioid
- Be aware of the impact and difference in looking to the side of the camera and to interviewee
- Have an awareness of shooting environment, source best locations
- To see the differences in how lighting can improve the most basic of set ups
- How to structure and conduct B roll filming
- Understand the importance of clear project management
- See how to ingest different assets
- Basic timeline assembly, laying out of master sequence
- Awareness of title tool and how it works
- To see how simple effects tools can improve shot sizing
- Awareness of export options and where to use